Once an order is received our team goes to a great deal of effort to ensure that the order gets processed and into production. Some of the time we are ahead of production and start orders sooner rather than later. Should an order be cancelled whilst in production, we still incur costs which need to be covered.
- Should you wish to cancel your order within 7 days of your purchase, you will be charged a 15% cancellation fee.
- Should you wish to cancel your order within 14 days of your purchase, you will be charged a 30% cancellation fee.
- Should you wish to cancel your order within 21 days of your purchase, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- Should you wish to cancel your order within 28 days of your purchase, you will be charged a 80% cancellation fee.
- Should you decide to cancel the order after 28 days, the full invoice is payable.
- Unfortunately we do not accept cancellations of customised orders.
- Send us an email as to which items you are returning and why.
- We will then send you an invoice for the return shipping fee, upon receipt of payment we will book the collection.
- Upon receipt we physically inspect the item to confirm that it is in accordance to your initial return reason (i.e. defective OR in good condition and just not your cup of tea).
- Upon final approval of return, you are notified via email and we will either refund you on our next refund cycle or we will ship your exchanged product (depending on your initial request).
- If being refunded, we will liaise with the purchaser for payment details, etc.
- Please note that if an item reaches us and is not in the original condition or as specified in your initial return request you may not be eligible for a refund or exchange and will be charged another shipping fee to get the original item back to you.
- Please note that if exchanging a product, you will be charged the normal shipping fee to get the exchanged item delivered to you.
- You are welcome to return or exchange your order within 7 days of the date of delivery in its original packaging and condition. Once we are satisfied of the condition of the returned item, you will either be refunded or given the option to exchange.
- Exchanges are only allowed for the exact same item (i.e. same item in another colour or design) and/or an item of the exact same value. If you would like an item of a different value from the store, you will have to purchase this separately or wait until you have been refunded.
- Unfortunately we do not accept returns of sale items or customised orders.
- Any shipping fees associated with making returns are the responsibility of the customer and will not be refunded.
- If your product is damaged in any way on delivery, please notify us and send us images as proof within 2 days of delivery on email@example.com so we may correct this as soon as possible.
- Baby Birch does not offer any returns on international shipments.
Once you order has been placed successfully, you should receive an email notification confirming your shipment and tracking details.
Should the item be in stock we will dispatch within 48 hours however all of our items are made to order and have a lead time of 3-4 weeks. Should large quantities be ordered, there will be a longer lead time and we will notify you.
All of our rates are calculated based on the volumetric weight of the item being shipped.
Please write on the waybill that the order was damaged, thereafter contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to assist.
Shipping is usually updated within 24-48 hours by the couriers.
You will receive an email notification once your order has been shipped which will include the tracking details.
We unfortunately use a third party shipping company and will therefore not be able to guarantee delivery times. It is best then to contact us and change the delivery address to a suitable address where someone will be available to accept.
Baby Birch will not be held liable for failure to deliver the customer's purchased products due to incorrect shipping details provided by the customer or failed delivery on customer's part where he/she is non reachable at the provided address after two delivery attempts. It remains the responsibility of the customer to contact us to correct this and the customer will be responsible to settle any additional shipping fees if applicable.
Your shipping address can be updated on your account page. For orders that have already been placed, please email email@example.com to update your shipping address.
We unfortunately only ship to physical addresses.
We do sell on a wholesale level – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
All items are made to order with a 3-4 week lead time. Contact us to check lead times.
We offer payment via credit card, EFT, lay-by and bank deposit.
You should receive an invoice once your order has been successfully received. If not contact us for assistance.
Should none of our standard items suit your needs please contact email@example.com to customise your order.
If you have previously purchased with PayFast and/or created an account with them, they may have stored your basic contact details including email address. PayFast may then recognise you based on the email address you provided in the Baby Birch checkout process.
Use the email address and password you have used on your previous PayFast checkouts. If you are unsure of these details, simply enter your email address and click “Forgot Password”. You will receive an email to the email address you provided, allowing you to update or change this password OR an One Time Pin (OTP) with your password. Log in again and proceed to choose your payment option of choice.
Please check that you have entered the correct card number, otherwise this is likely because we could not obtain authorisation from your credit card company. You may wish to contact the issuing bank of your credit card regarding this matter.
Our products are handmade with timber and will sometimes not exactly match the colour, shape or finish of that depicted in the image and/or product description online. Some orders are also custom made and are non-refundable. To avoid unnecessary confusion or frustration, it is important that you are aware of the above, how our return process works and which items are non-refundable.
Once you get to the checkout page, you will see a place on the right to add a promo code.
Send us an email with the item you are interested in and we would be more than happy to see how we can assist in getting the item made for you.